Ostelin Kids Vitamin D and Calcium
Available in 50 and 90 tablets
Children grow rapidly and so do their bones. Building strong bones in childhood sets the foundation for lifelong skeletal health. The vast majority of adult bone mass is attained before the age of 14,1 and peak bone mass is reached between 25-30 years of age.
Children may require additional calcium to meet maximum bone growth. Vitamin D is essential for optimal bone mineralisation in children, especially during times when sunlight exposure is limited. Developing strong, healthy bones during childhood helps influence bone mass.2 Vitamin D helps calcium absorption and a diet deficient in calcium can lead to osteoporosis in later life.
This product suits
Children aged 2 – 13 years:
- Who have insufficient dietary intake of calcium due to dietary limitations such as allergies or fussy eating.
- Have limited sunlight exposure or who cover up when in the sun.
- Are going through a growth spurt.
- Have a naturally darker skin tone or a skin related condition and hence avoid sunlight.
- Who wear full length clothing for cultural or religious reasons.
Why Ostelin Kid’s Vitamin D & Calcium?
- Contains more Vitamin D & Calcium in combination than any other children’s vitamin supplement on the market3.
- Contains the recommended daily intake of calcium for children.
- No artificial colours or flavours.
- Delicious berry flavour that tingles when you chew.
How this product works
Vitamin D and Calcium help in the development and maintenance of strong healthy bones, teeth and muscles. Vitamin D and Calcium are also important for attaining peak bone mass thereby improving bone strength. A healthy immune system also requires vitamin D. Vitamin D enhances Calcium absorption and is essential for the efficient utilisation of calcium by the body.
Children 2 to 8 years: Chew two tablet daily. Children over 8 to 13 years: Chew three tablets daily.
Each tablet contains
7.5mcg colecalciferol (equivalent to Vitamin D3 300 IU), 350mg calcium (calcium carbonate 875mg).
This product is Halal certified
Ostelin Vitamin D products are derived from the lanolin of sheep’s wool
Not to be swallowed whole. Not recommended for children under 2 years.